The sixth death case of Coronavirus in Iran, First suspected Coronavirus in southern Iraq, Italy imposes emergency plan against Coronavirus
Written by Muhammad Basman on 2020-02-23
Another person in Iran has died of coronavirus, bringing the number to six as the dangerous virus has already spread in the country. A total of 28 coronavirus cases have so far been confirmed in Iran. The Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources said on Saturday that it had limited imports from neighboring Iran as part of its measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the region. Health Minister Saman Barzanji said that there were no cases of coronavirus recorded in Kurdistan, but border crossings with Iran would remain closed with citizens advised to avoid trips to the neighboring country.
Medical sources reported on Saturday the first case of suspected coronavirus patient in southern Iraq. According Dhi Qar Directorate of Health, a student in the province was put in quarantine after they found symptoms of Coronavirus. The man was a student in neighboring Iran, Qom province where over 28 people have so far tested positive. Iraq has already warned its nationals not to travel to Iran. It has also banned Iranians from entering Iraq.
Italy has introduced “extraordinary measures” to tackle the spread of the biggest outbreak of the new coronavirus in Europe. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the emergency plan late on Saturday as the number of cases rose to 79. The measures were imposed after two Italian citizens were confirmed to have died from the virus. A dozen towns in the northern regions have been effectively quarantined under the plan. Around 50,000 people in those towns have been asked to stay at home by authorities.